I’ve known some of these people myself. They carry a gun, not for realistic personal protection, but in preparation for a John Woo scene involving slow motion, endless magazine dumps, swinging from ropes, somersaults…
- Law Archive
- Gun Laws By State
- NY Article 265 (State Firearms Laws)
- NY Article 35 (Defense Justification)
- NY Article 400 (State Firearms Licensing)
- NYC Title 38 (NYC Firearms Laws)
- NYC Prop/Airsoft/Replica Gun Laws
- Kwong vs. Bloomberg
- Beach Vs. Kelly (NYC Residents and FOPA)
- Maloney v. Cuomo (Nunchukas Banned)
- ATF Section
- TSA: Traveling with Firearms
- Chronology: US Historical Documents
You must log in to post a comment.
- Ray Ficara on Gays with Guns: A Growing Subculture? (The Pink Pistols)
- Mad Saint Jack on Keep Calm Carry-Ons: 5 Best TSA-Approved Pocket Knives
- Ray Ficara on Illinois House votes to allow residents to carry concealed guns
- Ray Ficara on Gun issue’s impact surprises Democrats (Recall of Anti-Gun Scum in Colorado)
- Ray Ficara on Upstate New York DA will NOT prosecute man arrested under SAFE Act (Big F.U. to CuHomo!)
- quoted on Upstate New York DA will NOT prosecute man arrested under SAFE Act (Big F.U. to CuHomo!) | New York City Guns on NY Man Arrested for Gun Violation in NY — His Offense? 9 Rounds in His Magazine!
- 2012 (2381)
- 2011 (43)
- 2010 (28)
- Controversial Tweeter revea… by Glenn At New…
- Guns and Race by Glenn At New…
With gun control, murder, and race much in the news, it’s worth noting that the Obama Administration has solved its longstanding problem that, according to the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks commit the majority of homicides in the US.
For years, the press has been explaining that more gun control is necessary to keep white men from killing everybody. For example, last Friday the Washington Post featured an opinion article that began:
Imagine if African American men and boys were committing mass shootings month after month, year after year. Articles and interviews would flood the media, and we’d have political debates demanding that African Americans be “held accountable.”
Friday is a slow day in the news business, so it appears to have become an attention-seeking tradition in the prestige media to post extremely stupid anti-white articles on that day, such as the one involving that “mysterious” murder of the black gay politician in Mississippi from four Fridays ago.
Much to the displeasure of the press, however, unwelcome commenters on articles about guns and murder often post links to the Administration’s own “Race” Web page on the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ Homicide Trends website. There, federal bean counters stated:
In 2005, offending rates for blacks were more than 7 times higher than the rates for whites.
Initially, the Obama Administration dealt with the difficulty that blacks were committing murder so much more often than whites by not updating the Homicide Trends website. For years, BJS’ Web page was stuck on 2005.
- Keep Calm Carry-Ons: 5 Best… by Glenn At New…
Many of us remember the days of over-zealous and hyper-vigilant guardians of flight security; I’ve had children’s safety scissors, nail clippers (sans nail file), and three wooden toy swords (gifts for my sons) turned away in the name of national security. Being a serving member of the military didn’t help, even on the occasion when I was flying with both a service rifle and pistol on a contract aircraft.
The lifting of the Transportation Security Agency’s prohibition on knives brings both a boon for your every day carry (EDC) and a challenge in deciding on a folding knife that meets the TSA’s parameters. The search may involve more than simply looking at the list of requirements, though — the first implementation of any bureaucratic policy runs into the reality of execution on the front lines. Wading into travel regulations and the many suitable sharp options on the market, we’ve found the five best pocket knives (plus a bonus) that will both get the odd job done and actually make it onto a plane.
- America’s Death Zones: Wher… by Glenn At New…
As the potential for a globally destabilizing event becomes ever more probable, many concerned Americans are starting to wonder where they’d go if the worst were to happen.
To help answer that question, we can start by identifying the areas of the country to avoid.
The following map of the United States takes into account all of the gun related deaths since the Sandy Hook school shooting. You’ll likely notice that there is one common denominator. The majority of the violence has occurred in major metropolitan areas, with some incidents spreading into outlying ex-urban and rural areas. As of this writing 2,244 people have been killed since December of 2012.
If this is the state of our nation during relative peacetime and perceived prosperity, imagine what it’ll look like in the midst of financial, economic or political turmoil.
Americans living east of the Mississippi River will likely experience the brunt of it. But anyone residing in and around any major U.S. city will, likewise, have a tough road ahead of them.
If you live in one of these red zones, you’d better plan accordingly…
- Trigger Reset and Prepping … by Glenn At New…
- Gays with Guns: A Growing S… by Glenn At New…
Gays and guns seem as likely to go together as Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey. As a culture, even under attack, we are a peaceful lot — you catch more bees with honey, right?
“Wrong,” says Gwendolyn Patton of Pink Pistols, a group that advocates gun ownership for the LGBT community. With taglines like “pick on someone your own caliber,” and “armed gays don’t get bashed,” Patton says Pink Pistols changes the perception that gay people are easy victims.
“We teach queers to shoot, and then we teach the rest of the world we’ve done it,” Patton told WBEZ91.5, a public radio station in Chicago. “Because then they may think twice about using (LGBT people) as a target.”
Doug Krick, a libertarian activist from Illinois founded the Pink Pistols in July 2000 while living in Massachusetts. The organization now has 60 chapters in 33 states and three countries. The group’s activities include firing range visits, political activism and will occasionally produce report cards on politicians; rating them on their position on issues of interest to members. Other than that, little is known about the organization and it’s even difficult to know just how big the Pink Pistols movement is because the organization doesn’t keep a national count.
While some might roll their eyes, advocates like Chuck Michel, a spokesman for the California Rifle and Pistol Association and a lawyer for the National Rifle Association, does not. In fact, in 2005, at the height of the Proposition H ordinance debate, which gained national attention for seeking to ban the otherwise legal ownership and sales of firearms in San Francisco, Michel said Pink Pistols played a critical role in the gun owner rights fight.
- Washed Up Druggie Actress A… by Glenn At New…
Internal Affairs officers on Saturday were looking into allegations made by actress Amanda Bynes that New York Police Department officers sexually assaulted her when she was charged with heaving a marijuana bong out the window of her 36th-floor Manhattan apartment.
The 27-year-old former child star first alleged during her arraignment on Friday that police illegally entered her apartment after being called to her midtown building. But in a Twitter message believed to be from the troubled actress posted Saturday, Bynes alleged that her arresting officer also sexually assaulted her.
“As it would with any such allegation, regardless of its credibility, IAB is investigating it,” said the NYPD’s chief spokesman, Paul Browne, referring to the internal affairs bureau.
The Twitter handle used to make the sexual assault allegations Saturday does not appear to be verified by the social network— but Bynes’ friend, former Hollywood publicist Jonathan Jaxson, said Saturday the tweet was made from Bynes’ account. Twitter did not immediately return a request for comment.
- Swedish Citizens Take to St… by Glenn At New…
Group of Swedish vigilantes on night patrol May 24. (FriaTider)
Immigrant rioting continued for the sixth night on Friday.
Faced by another night of terror at the hands of predominantly immigrant rioters, Swedes grown tired of the police’s inability to put an end to the unrest took to the streets Friday night to defend their neighborhoods.
The vigilantes were described as a motley crew of homeowners and concerned citizens, as well as neo-Nazi activists and football hooligans.
In the Stockholm suburb of Tumba the police decided to abandon their earlier non-intervention policy as a large group of police officers rounded up and dispersed a group of vigilantes trying to fend off rioters.
The decision to round up vigilantes while, according to Stockholm Chief of Police Mats Löfving, ”doing as little as possible” to stop rioters, met with a wave of protests in various social media and on the Internet. Representatives of some vigilante groups contacted Fria Tider to give their view of last night’s events.
- Illinois House votes to all… by Glenn At New…
The Illinois House of Representatives on Friday voted overwhelmingly to allow residents to carry concealed guns, taking the state one step closer to joining all others in allowing some form of carrying guns in public.
Illinois is the only state in the nation to ban most people from carrying a concealed gun outside the home. Lawmakers acted on Friday after a federal appeals court in January struck down the ban, saying it violated the right to bear arms enshrined in the U.S. Constitution. The court gave the state six months to pass a new law that would be constitutional.
The National Rifle Association stayed silent on the proposal in order to avoid antagonizing some lawmakers who did not want to be seen voting for a plan backed by the gun lobby.
But if the proposal backed by powerful Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan becomes law, it would achieve the NRA’s longtime goal of ending the Illinois ban and making some form of concealed carry legal in all 50 states.
- CNC killed the gun control star by Glenn At New…
You may have noticed my complete lack of posting about Cody Wilson and his printed gun technology. The reason for that is simple: it’s a gimmick. Sure, printed guns can work, but the question is inevitably “how long?” When it comes to the catastrophic failure of the thermoplastics used in the construction of the barrels and firing chambers, it isn’t a matter of “if,” but “when.”
As a practical matter, with current and near-term technologies, plastic guns are a loser.
That said, some of the emerging technologies that make plastic guns feasible are viable for metalwork as well, and machines like the crowd-funded Othermill means that CNC metalworking machines will soon be in the hands of people for a fraction of the cost of the plastic printing machines.
- Ray Ficara on Gays with Guns: A Growing S…My former classmate from an all-male HS (now transgendered in CA) likes to tell liberals "Suck my Glock!"
- Mad Saint Jack on Keep Calm Carry-Ons: 5 Best…IIRC they have delayed allowing knives on board.
- Ray Ficara on Illinois House votes to all…Eat THAT shit, Emmanuel, Quinn and Bloomturd.
- Ray Ficara on Gun issue’s impact su…They believed the crap from Biden, Obama and Bloomturd who spent 4 months lying to the lawmakers telling them that ...
- Ray Ficara on Upstate New York DA will NO…And the Goat Blower in Albany shoots blood out of his eyes.
- Ray Ficara on Paramilitary Police in Amer…Except for a VERY limited SWAT application there should be NO full auto firepower in police hands, PERIOD. One day ...
- Ray Ficara on Detroit Gun Rights Advocate…And Emmanuel and his WHORE of a Police "chief" were spitting nails.
- Ray Ficara on Black Panther Who Offered &…Why not just ship this guy to Idaho and let him commune with the Aryan Nations?
- Ray Ficara on CT Lawsuit Has Been Filed A…WHY did it take this long?
- Ray Ficara on British soldier hacked to d…The "religion of peace" strikes again.