New York Civil Rights Restoration Act Outlined:
- define “due process of law” for all proceedings that could result in the loss of a handgun license or a firearm to include notice, a hearing, and the right to counsel
- protect patient privacy against on-going secret reporting of confidential medical information by healthcare workers to the NYS Police and the FBI
- amend the State’s definition of “family” to include “parents, brothers, and sisters” for purposes of firearms transfers
- expand the acceptable forms of identification for a handgun permit or a firearm sale to include fingerprints
- repeal the handgun permit recertification program of the NYS Police
- rescind the non-operational ammunition background check of the NYS Police
About Gun Owners of America (GOA)
Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue. `The only no compromise gun lobby in Washington’ – Ron Paul.
Visit: www.gunowners.org to Join.