The NRA’s comprehensive Training Counselor Develop Workshops train experienced instructors how to become facilitators and to teach experienced shooters how to teach firearm safety and shooting skills to others, using the NRA instructional methodologies and training materials. Successful candidates will ultimately be appointed as NRA Training Counselors, authorized to train instructors in those disciplines in which they are certified to teach as an NRA Instructor. To apply for a Training Counselor Development Workshop, please follow the directions below:
- Find the nearest Training Counselor Workshop to you and check seat availability here
- Download an application. You may either sign the application with an electronic signature or put your initials in place of your signature. Once you have filled out the application, you may send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or print it and mail it to:
NRA – Training Dept.
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Once processed, you will receive a confirmation email stating your eligibility to attend. This email does not confirm that you are registered for any particular TCDW.
- Payment in full ($500.00) is required to reserve your seat.
- Send the reference guidelines to three individuals who will be writing a letter of recommendation on your behalf. (You will need to bring these letters to the workshop; do not send them in prior to the workshop.)