National Firearms Act
- Gun Control Act (18 U.S.C Chapter 44)
- National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. Chapter 53)
- Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. Chapter 2778)
- Importation, Manufacture, Distribution and Storage of Explosive Materials (18 U.S.C. Chapter 40)
- Contraband Cigarette Trafficking Act (18 U.S.C. Chapter 114)
- Interstate Transport in Aid of Racketeering (18 U.S.C. 1952 with respect to Federally non-tax paid liquor)
ATF regulations are published as Title 27, Chapter II, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) by the Government Printing Office. Consult the official legal version of 27 CFR (updated April 1 of each year) and any more recent final/interim rules to learn the requirements that apply to you.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a currently updated version of the CFR. It is not an official legal edition of the CFR. The e-CFR is an editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration’s Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office. The OFR updates the material in the e-CFR on a daily basis.
ATF publishes rulings to promote uniform application of the laws and regulations it administers. Rulings interpret the requirements of laws and regulations and apply retroactively unless otherwise indicated. Rulings do not have the force and effect of Department of Justice regulations, but they may be used as precedents. In applying published rulings, the effect of subsequent legislation, regulations, court decisions, and rulings must be considered. Concerned parties are cautioned against reaching the same conclusions in other cases unless the facts and circumstances are substantially the same.